Although exercise is important, it may not be for everyone. For some people, exercising may not be an option due to medical issues for others, it is simply not enjoyable.
A great alternative is water exercising. While having a fun and relaxing time soaking in a hot tub, including water exercising is not only enjoyable but has several health benefits. According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, water exercises can help those with chronic pain or diseases, as well as improve moods. Another benefit is that water is easier on joints since you are supported by the water’s buoyancy. Water produces an upward motion when an object is set in it which causes floating. The buoyancy of the water means your joints are not alone in supporting your weight. This can make exercising dramatically easier for some people.
Owning a hot tub means you can do water exercises in the comfort of your home. However, before starting any exercise program, it is important to consult with a health professional or doctor to see which exercise program is best for you.
Find out what areas you would like to work on. A lot of people suffer from joint pains in areas such as shoulders, neck, back or hips. Doing different water exercises can help improve and strengthen these areas, and adding stretches is also a good way to help improve or prevent muscles stiffness. We recommend you give yourself a few minutes submerged in the tub to get your muscles warm and relaxed before beginning any exercises or stretches.
- Shoulder Roll: Begin by sitting up straight in your hot tub. Slowly begin rotating your shoulders forwards, then reverse and begin rotating your shoulders backward. Repeat this motion 15 times in both directions for 3 sets. This is a great exercise to improve your shoulder and neck strength.
- Knees-to-Chest: Leaning against the wall of your hot tub, bring your knees to your chest. Holding on to the wall of the hot tub can help. If you cannot reach your chest, bring them up as close as possible. Try doing about 3 sets of 10. This exercise is great for working your core.
- Underwater Cycling: For this exercise, you can sit on one of the chairs in the spa or do it while floating and holding the wall. Slowly go through a bicycle pedaling motion by kicking forward with the right leg and bringing in the knee of the left leg. Alternate this motion between legs for about 3 sets of 20-30 seconds. Depending on how you do it, this can work your core and legs.
- Arm Resistance: For this exercise, it is recommended that you try to submerge up to your shoulders. Extend your arms straight out to the sides without bending the elbows and palms facing down (this is the starting position). Slowly bring your arms down to your sides and back to the starting position. Then bring your arms straight out together in front of you and then back to the starting position again. Repeat 3 sets of 30.
- Legs: While in a standing position, balance on one leg and bend the other leg to bring your foot towards your bottom. Grab your ankles or foot and gently tug to deepen the stretch. Hold the position for 30-45 seconds. Repeat with the other leg.
- Arm: Begin by stretching your right arm straight out in front of you with palms facing forward. With your left hand, gently bend your right hand backward by pulling back on all four fingers. Hold the position for 30 seconds and repeat with left hand.
- Torso: From a sitting position, extend your arms straight out to the sides. Without moving your lower half, twist your upper body from the torso and stretch to the right, reaching as far as possible without forcing anything or causing pain. Then repeat the stretch to the left.
Whether or not you decide to exercise in your hot tub, Bullfrog Spas is guaranteed to help you relax in the comfort of your own home.
To find out how you can test out a Bullfrog Spa or for more information on a Bullfrog hot tub, contact or visit Bullfrog Aquatics.
Bullfrog Spas are perfect for relaxing after a long busy, day. Daily activities can cause stress to the body. Whether you are spending hours in the office, training for a marathon or running after the kids all day, being able to relax and release tension in a personalized hot tub can help you get through the week.
The Benefits of a Hot Tub
Bullfrog Spas feature a customizable JetPak Therapy System to create a perfect personalized hot tub experience. You are able to build your perfect hot tub by choosing the jets that best suit you. In addition to being the perfect masseuse, the JetPak Therapy System is made with no pipes or tubes making it less vulnerable to leaks. One of the key features of the JetPak Therapy System is the option to fully move JetPaks from seat to seat, giving you the perfect hot tub experience.
Hydrotherapy can help with more than relaxation. With 16 different JetPaks, each serving a different purpose, your hot tub experience will be taken to the next level. The jets apply pressure to sore muscles for targeted pain relief, while warm water soaks have been proven to help people loosen muscles and relieve aching joints. The warm water also improves blood flow to extremities, giving them more oxygen to heal and relax.
Besides providing relief, simple stretches in your Bullfrog Spa can help improve mobility. Flexing stiff muscles and joints in your warm hot tub can be easier and improve movement in your everyday life. Combining the warm water of your hot tub with hydro massages from our JetPak Therapy System can help improve your overall quality of life.
Receive a quality massage in the privacy of your home.
Each of our Jetpaks provides a completely different massage and experience. The Gyrossage JetPak gives medium-high intensity jets aimed to the entire back, giving a deep massage and overall relief. On the other hand, for those looking to relax, the Cascadia JetPak offers 4 gentle jets to the back and a waterfall cascading over your shoulders to provide a soothing sensation and ambient sounds.
Whether you are looking to relax or looking to target aches and pains, one of our 16 strategically made Jetpaks is sure to be the perfect fit for you.
To find out how you can customize your hot tub and get a closer look at Bullfrog spas, contact or visit Bullfrog Aquatics.
You’ve probably heard the term hydrotherapy before, but do you know all of the benefits you can experience with hydrotherapy? Unlike some other types of therapy, hydrotherapy doesn’t require the use of much more than a body of warm water, making it accessible to everyone. In fact, hydrotherapy can be as simple as relaxing in your own hot tub.
What Is Hydrotherapy?
Hydrotherapy can help to treat sore muscles, injuries, and other ailments. The use of hydrotherapy dates back to ancient times, when people would soak in warm baths filled with essential oils and flowers, or seek out hot springs in hopes of reaping the benefits of soaking in the hot water at the source.
While there are countless benefits around hydrotherapy, these are the 4 most important ones you should about.
1. Reduces Tension, Encourages Healing
There is perhaps nothing more relaxing than a nice soak in the hot tub at the end of a long, grueling day. The warm water soothes and takes stress off of your body, which releases tension in your joints and relieves sore muscles. In addition, the warm water helps increase your blood flow, which plays an important part in your body’s ability to heal itself.
2. Releases Endorphins, Reduces Stress
An increase in blood flow also contributes to the number of endorphins released within your body. Endorphins act as a natural mood enhancer and works as a natural pain reliever. With the help of hydrotherapy, you’ll notice an improvement in your mood and overall health and well-being.
3. Simple Detoxification
There are many ways to rid your body of toxins, but perhaps the most simple and soothing method is through hydrotherapy. The warm water acts like a sauna and helps flush toxins and impurities from your system. This cleansing is beneficial to keep your immune system strong, and keep you feeling better and healthier overall.
4. Stimulates Blood Flow
Hydrotherapy helps stimulate blood flow in your body, which does a lot more than helping heal injuries and sore muscles, and improving your immune system. An increase in blood flow can aid your digestive system and other internal organs as the cells in your body are hydrated and oxygenated. This can also aid in the treatment of anxiety, stress, depression, and sleep disorders.
The Benefits of Hydrotherapy Are Endless
Could you benefit from the use of hydrotherapy? At Bullfrog Spas OKC, we can help you find the best hot tub to fit your needs and lifestyle, offering an improvement in your health and happiness.
There is nothing worse than suffering from arthritis, sore muscles, and stiff joints—along with any other ailment that causes pain and discomfort. For centuries many people have enjoyed the healing effects of hydrotherapy to help them find sore muscle relief along with reduce stress and find inner peace.
As you soak in the warm water, your circulation improves and endorphins are released, which reduces inflammation and muscle tension. Hydrotherapy also supports your muscles and connective tissues to improve flexible and balance. So whether you want to try a few simple stretches or some low-impact hot tub yoga, your body will begin to loosen up and relieve those sore areas in the process.
The best part about hot tub exercise is that the process can be done on your own or with a partner. While doing your exercises alone is effective in relieving pain or a trusted partner can also help with some extra deep stretches. Before beginning any exercise program, remember to consult with your doctor or health professional.
To get started, figure out what problem areas you’d like to work on. Most people suffer from neck, shoulder, back, and hip pain—all of which can be helped with the proper stretching exercises.
Here are a few simple exercises you can try to help with these typical problem areas:
- Shoulder & Arm Stretch. When your shoulders and upper back are tense tight, the following stretch is a great way to loosen those sore muscles. Raise one hand over your head, bend your elbow, and reach your hand behind your neck. Allow you fingers to rest on your upper back. With the opposite hand, pull your bent elbow toward your head. Lean your head back and feel the stretch. Hold for 5-8 seconds, taking some deep breaths, and release. Repeat on the opposite side.
- Core Strengthener. A strong core can help to prevents injuries and keep your lower back healthy. While sitting, rest your hands next to your hips and keep your legs straight. Let both feet float to the water’s surface to create a V-shape with your body. Gently pull your knees towards your chest, then push them back out and into the straight-legged V-shape. Repeat as many times as you can and then take a break. Make sure to breath deeply with each movement.
- Hamstring Stretch. If you’re dealing with stiffness in your lower back try this exercise. Grab an exercise band or strap and wrap the band around one foot. Sit up straight and then extend the foot until your leg is straight then bend your knee and lift it to your chest. Release and repeat several times with each leg.
As mentioned above, consult a doctor or health care professional before beginning any new exercise.
Learn more about the benefits of hydrotherapy and how to better relieve sore muscles and joint pain by contacting us at Bullfrog Spas OKC today. We are here to answer your questions and support you in your hot tub experience.
Sitting in your hot tub is a great way to unwind, relax, and enjoy being outside all year long. It’s well known that hydrotherapy can ease muscle pain, improve circulation (which helps to reduce joint pain), lowers stress, and can aid in a better night’s sleep.
With all these amazing benefits, you may wonder about the catch. Well, there doesn’t have to be a catch! As long as your water, equipment, and filters are cleaned and maintained regularly, your hot tub will always be ready for you to take a dip.
Cleaning and maintaining your hot tub is simple and doesn’t require much time. Just follow this timeline and you’ll be able to use your hot tub through all four seasons for many years to come.
Every 3-5 Days
With regular water maintenance, your chemical levels will remain in the proper ranges and you’ll never have issues with dirty or unsanitary water conditions.
- Check your water with a test kit to determine if it is soft or hard water and to check for high levels of alkalinity, pH, chloramines, or metals and minerals.
- Using a spa pre-filter, fill your hot tub.
- Make small chemical adjustments to reach the proper ranges.
- Add a large dose of sanitizer once a week to “shock” the water.
- Use a skimmer net to remove any floating debris.
- Keep a log with test results and notes on adjustment.
To extend the life of your spa cover:
- Remove the cover for a few hours weekly so it can breathe.
- Rinse it off with a garden hose.
- Dry with a clean cloth.
Every 1-2 Months
Add water to your spa as needed to keep it full. The water level should be in the middle of the skimmer intake or slightly higher.
Cleaning your spa filter on a regular basis is required to lengthen the life of your hot tub.
- Use a high-pressure garden hose to spray the fabric filtration material clean, working from top to bottom.
- If your cartridge has collected body lotions or oils, soak it in warm water with a filter cleaner.
Spa cover maintenance:
- Hose off and then clean it using a spa cover cleaner to remove oil, dirt, tree sap, and pollen.
- Apply a vinyl conditioner to the outside of your cover to keep it soft, strong, and looking new.
Every 2-4 Months
A full draining and cleaning of your hot tub needs to take place to keep bacteria in check.
- Drain the hot tub completely.
- Vacuum the bottom of the spa.
- Clean the inside shell completely using a spa cleaner. DO NOT use household cleaners or soaps.
- Refill your spa at the filters.
- Follow your manufacturer’s instructions for sanitizing new water.
Every 1-2 Years
- Replace the spa filter once a year or more often if it is cracked, frayed, or still looks dirty after cleaning.
If you ever have questions about the cleaning or maintaining of your hot tub, check your owner’s manual or give us a call today. We are here to answer your questions and ensure your hot tub is providing you with the best hydrotherapy experience.
If you’re suffering from sore muscles, joint pain, or other ailments that are making your life harder than it needs to be, you may want to consider hydrotherapy. At Bullfrog Spas OKC, we’ve seen the benefits of hydrotherapy and how it can improve your quality of life.
What is Hydrotherapy?
Simply put, hydrotherapy uses water to treat disease and other ailments which keep you from feeling your best. Hydrotherapy, also known as aquatic therapy, has been part of traditional medicine systems for hundreds of years and is used to soothe muscle aches and mobilize stiff joints.
How Does It Work?
Hydrotherapy uses water, both hot and cold, to stimulate different reactions in the body. The cold water invigorates and helps reduce inflammation and swelling. Whereas the warm water helps to improve circulation and eases joint pain. By applying a warm and cold compress, or better yet, soaking in a warm bath or hot tub, you can reduce muscle tension through low impact exercise and gentle stretches.
Types of Hydrotherapy
While soaking in a hot tubs or warm bath are the more popular forms of hydrotherapy treatments, there are other types as well. Some of the many different forms of hydrotherapy include:
- Cold water treatments
- Ice packs
- Mineral springs
- Hot springs
- Wet towel applications
- Water exercises
- Water massage
Finding the right treatment for your needs is important as the type of treatment can cause adverse effects.
How Hydrotherapy Can Help You
Hydrotherapy can be used to help treat many illnesses or conditions. It is an especially excellent way to relieve or reduce sudden or long-lasting pain. If you suffer from arthritis or other joint, muscle, and nerve problems, the use of aquatic therapy can help immensely.
You can also use hydrotherapy to help treat depression, headaches, sleep disorders, stomach problems, asthma, and stress. There have been more recent studies showing hydrotherapy is beneficial in the rehabilitation of stroke and trauma patients as well.
Other reports show improved blood sugar levels in diabetic patients, lower blood pressure, and reduced symptoms of multiple sclerosis, fibromyalgia, tendonitis, scoliosis, carpal tunnel syndrome, and bursitis.
The Benefits of Hydrotherapy
Beyond being used for relaxation and to maintain your state of good health, hydrotherapy has many other benefits as well. Participating in hydrotherapy:
- Improves function of internal organs through stimulation of blood supply
- Enhances circulation and increases endorphins
- Increases the metabolic rate as well as digestion activity
- Loosens tense muscles and encourages relaxation
- Boosts the immune system and allows it to function more efficiently
- Hydrates body cells that consequently improve skin and muscle tone
- Supplies fresh nutrients and oxygen to the body, increasing the elimination of waste
Contact us today for more information on hydrotherapy and how it can help improve your overall health and well-being.
Efficiency, Engineering, Health, Hot Tub Shopping, JetPak Therapy, Lifestyle, Test Soak, The Bullfrog Difference
A few weeks back was the 2016 Home & Garden Show at the Oklahoma State Fairgrounds, which usually brings out all the local hot tub dealers, plus some from out of town that don’t have dealerships in Oklahoma City. Like years past all the usual dealers were present, sporting their best game faces and armed with virtual unlimited bags of tricks in hopes of getting shoppers to buy their spa. The sad, and unfortunate truth is one of those tricks is out right lying about competitors, and the hot tubs they offer. Which was the motivation for this post! I must include, when you walk on our showroom floor, you will never hear us speak an untruth about one of our competitors. In fact, the only information you’ll ever receive is that which you can fact check to learn its validity, and you should always fact check any information you get from a hot tub salesperson in Oklahoma City. You never know when you’ve come across the one that will say anything to sell their product, and I assure you, they’re out there!
Stagnant, Bacteria Infested Water Behind JetPaks
I must start this with a confession, because there was a time I told this same lie when I worked for a different dealer in the Oklahoma City area. To my defense, I was new to the hot tub industry, and had zero experience with Bullfrog Spas. I was merely parroting what I heard others say, and was told it to be the truth. After all, anything is possible, and believable when you trust the one delivering the message.
The lie our competition tells deals with Bullfrogs superior design that results in the best performing, most energy efficient, easiest to maintain, and satisfying hot tub in our industry.
Below is an image that shows the front (left side), and the back (right side) of a Bullfrog Spa Therapy JetPak.
Our competition claims water does not circulate behind the JetPak, therefore creating a stagnant environment for bacteria to grow, and who wants to set in hot, bacteria infested water? That’s just nasty!
The truth is, the same sanitized water you sit in, is the same sanitized water that circulates behind each and every Bullfrog Spa JetPak. Notice the right side of the image below, you see the two swirled dotted lines, those lines indicate the location of downward facing jets. Those downward facing jets add turbulence behind the JetPaks, therefore increasing the amount of already circulating water in the hot tub, and consequently behind each Therapy JetPak.
It’s a simple design that many hot tub manufacturers wish they would have thought of first. In fact, in our industry, it’s shear genius!
Our Hot Tubs Are More Energy Efficient Than Bullfrog Spas
I will never understand why anyone would even bother to lie about this data. As you can see on the chart below Bullfrog Spas are by far the most energy efficient among the top brands in the hot tub industry. An attempt to negate this data is just foolish, the data came from the California Energy Commission (CEC), and that’s really all that needs to be said about this topic. At this point I could get very technical, but It would be boring at best. If you’re interested in learning more about the CEC, and their energy efficiency criteria and data, here’s a link to their site http://www.energy.ca.gov/ . If you need more convincing than this data from the entity with the strictest energy efficiency guidelines, then I’m out of ammo.
Now that we’ve established Bullfrog Spas are more energy efficient than any other leading brand of hot tub, let’s take a look at why that’s a truth. First, Bullfrog Spas have 90% less plumbing than any other hot tub made. The reason being most hot tubs, even leading brands, are made using methods, processes, and even materials that were being used in the 80’s. Well materials, technology, and engineering capabilities have come along way since then, and Bullfrog Spas is THE forefront of truly a new age of hot tub manufacturing. Gone are the days when a manufacturer could develop a slightly different jet, cup holder, integrated handrail, or light, and call themselves an innovator. True Innovators will be those that better our industry through energy efficiency, customization, reliability, and dependability. The very things Bullfrog Spas is doing every day!
As you can see in the image below there’s a drastic difference in the plumbing between Bullfrog Spas and ALL other hot tubs. Because Bullfrog Spas have 90% less plumbing, that means 90% less opportunity for plumbing issues such as leaks, and almost 100% more power. The reduced amount of plumbing also means the pump/pumps don’t have to work as hard to move the water through the plumbing. It really is as simple as genius engineering, coupled with a passion to be the best!
Imagine getting a leak in a typical spa that has this intertwining network of various sized plumbing hoses. Better yet, imagine trying to find that leak! I’ve witnessed this on many occasions, and I can tell you it makes for some rather unhappy hot tub techs! First they dig in through the bottom of the hot tub in hopes of finding the leak. If that proves to be fruitless, which is often the case, then they put blue dye in the water and wait. They wait for the dyed water to leak its way through the plumbing and insulation so the tech may follow the blue trail to the leak. Now, I’ve seen this process take from a few hours, up to several days. Do you want to be with out your spa for several days? No, you probably don’t, but in the before mentioned scenario, you’ll have no choice. Which takes us to lie number three.
If A Jet Goes Out On A BullFrog Spa, You’ll Have To Replace The Entire JetPak
Aye Yi Yi! I guess given the right circumstance and a salesperson that can deceive without blinking, this may be made to be believable. However, it’s not even remotely the truth! The truth is, the vast majority of hot tubs use jets that clip into a hole cut into the shell, whereas Bullfrog’s are individually screwed (not clipped) into each Therapy JetPak. Most of our competition tries to get people to believe our jets are somehow molded into the JetPaks, that’s not the case for Bullfrog, or any other portable spa manufacturer. Which is just another reason to buy a Bullfrog Spa, our shells are not full of holes that hold a jet in place with a simple clip. I’ve seen hundreds of examples of the clipped jets failing, and ending up in the foot well of the hot tub.
A few days ago I sold a spa to a very nice couple from Norman, they had been shopping for a while, and had visited most of the hot tub dealers in the Oklahoma City metro, and they had heard this specific lie from different dealers. I must admit I gain a great deal of enjoyment watching logical thinking people have an Ah-Ha moment! I knew they realized they had been lied to, and were even a bit peeved about being deceived by someone that was presenting themselves as a concerned, and helpful seller, yet would say almost anything just to get their money.
The reality is, buying a hot tub can be a major investment, and I have to believe every buyer wants to make a wise investment. Well, in order to do that, you must dig in and do some research before going shopping. After you’ve armed yourself with valid information, you’ll be able to detect when someone is deceiving you, and therefore you can defend against being bamboozled! Happy Hot Tubbin’!
Kerry T Crane
Bullfrog Spas of OKC
In addition to yard work and home preparations for the warmer months many people use Spring Cleaning as a season to knock out the honey-do’s, cross off projects that had been delayed due to weather, purchase luxury or home items, prepare to move into a new space, etc. Vacations, holidays, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day are all occasions for gathering and gift giving- any time a camera can capture monumental memories you will forever reflect on these milestones in life.
As you plan your free time and fulfill your fun tank there are times you will be alone, or in the best of company. Regardless of who you surround yourself with think about stretching your dollars to maximize a happier, healthier you. We have a list of some Spring Cleaning additions we believe to be effective in clearing your space and preparing for relishing completely in times of enjoyment.
1. Give it Away
The best gifts we can receive may not be store-bought. There’s the adage “One man’s trash is another treasure.” Look at anything you can use to recreate something hand made or gain inspiration from Pinterest. As our closets rotate the wardrobes of the season, it’s an opportune time to pass things on to charities. A rule of thumb is for each item brought into your space, one item should be removed.
There are several we support in the community, but some ideas are here:
2. Get in check with your financial goals
Use the manageable warmer temperatures as a time to recoup from winter spending and financially project for the months to come. Tax preparations and that decision of how to pay your taxes or what to do with forthcoming refund money crosses many people’s minds. Set some three or six-month goals. (and here’s a shameless plug: we offer in-house and credit union financing if there’s a hot tub in your future). This has been a useful budgeting tool, and your bank or credit union may also have some online capabilities for your use.
3. Rest Up
Lastly, with Stress Awareness month upon us it’s time to clean your mind. Get rid of the head trash and reflect on where you want to be mentally. Essential oils, meditation, yoga, exercise, and yes, hydrotherapy,too, are all methods you can gain peace and stress management from. Focus on one or two changes a week and slowly incorporate steps into your routine.
Studies have shown those who make sleeping a priority get the most. There are things you can do to improve your sleep. With a level head and plenty of rest Spring Cleaning will appear manageable and can create a clean slate, or cleaner, to prepare you for the months ahead of enjoying the outside and activities, festivals, times with loved ones,etc.
March is National Nutrition Month, and as we prepare for warmer weather it is a good time to try to incorporate small, healthy changes into your daily routine. The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics provides education about our diets and advocates sound eating decisions with physical activity habits. Eating foods rich with nutrients is one step closer to health.
Here are some ideas for healthier eating:
- Measure portions. There are snack-sized bags with sizes marked as well as storage/lunch containers and plates pre-measured or with guides of portion sizes per food group.
- Designate half your plate for fruits and vegetables.
- Choose water. Slice your favorite fruit, cucumbers or lemon and make yourself a day’s supply. To find out how much water you should drink, try this: http://www.camelbak.com/hydrationcalculator
- Eat foods from among all food groups.
- Add fiber to your diet. The average American takes in about one-third of the 24-30 gms/day recommended.
- Enjoy more low fat (1%) and fat free dairy products.
- Compare sodium to choose the foods with lower numbers. Sodium can sneak up on us.
With your work schedule and hectic life planning is key. It may not always be possible to stop and access healthy options easily. It is worthwhile to prepare the night before and rinse/wash/pack your meals and snacks into individual servings. The best way to stay on track is to stick to a schedule and listen to your body. Often hunger is mistaken for thirst; having water on hand and drinking it throughout your day can alleviate unwanted cravings.
If you have kids or picky eaters, have fun with it. Let them be a part of the meal and snack planning process. Sometimes presentations of snacks, either using holiday or their favorite characters’ themes and cutting things, arranging multiple colors and incorporating fun will get nutritious choices inside their stomachs.
There are online resources to teach children about the importance of nutrition. Gardening with your child, even if it’s letting them select one vegetable and learn the process, will also instill healthy habits and teach sustainable living.
Undernourishment of vital nutrients can also create unhealthy habits. DairyMax has tools online for childhood nutrition. Breakfast is a vital element of one’s day. Steps to health include starting the day off right with balanced nutrition. There are direct links to breakfast’s effect on students’ performance, even higher test scores, when breakfast is enjoyed. Children learn more, behave better and are absent less according to the Food Research and Action Center. This Wake Up To Breakfast handout has great ideas- leading by example will get your household in the nutritious mindset.
It can be overwhelming to do a kitchen clean sweep, so we challenge you to start making one change per week. If you are doing this with ease, and habits are developing well you can increase to two to three healthy habit additions weekly! Here are a few recipe ideas, thanks to Shape Your Future OK. We are fortunate to have more farmers markets around various neighborhoods. Weekly visits with planned out lists can have your fruits and vegetables stocked up for easier snack and meal preparations.
Whether you inspire yourself, friends, family or co-workers the most important thing is to remember to make informed choices and be educated. The links above will help guide you to a healthier diet.
*We recommend consulting your healthcare provider and discussing your health goals.
Living a healthy lifestyle is more than achieving optimal physical wellness. Mental health is just as important for ensuring longevity and long-term wellness. One’s mental state, levels of stress, anxiety and sleep habits can have severe negative consequences. You can start today and begin a path to improve your total body, mind and spirit’s health. A bullfrog spa is the perfect foundation to enjoy your wellness retreat in your own home.
Some level of stress is normal. We have seasons and factors in our lives that can alter our stress. Elevated stress does create immune systems to weaken. Other undesirable effects include depression, heart disease, high blood pressure, sleep disorders or an uneasy gut. Twenty minutes of hot tub time added to your day will aid you in clearing your mind. Bullfrog’s JetPak technology offers personalized therapy and performance.
Everyone, including pets and children, needs time to unwind and relax. A wonderful habit you can develop is incorporating this deep relaxation and making it a reality for your home life.
Endorphins are a natural release from our body and a hot tub’s warm, massaging techniques stimulates one to release these “happy” hormones. Pain receptors are challenged by endorphins; if you find pain among muscles or joints we recommend starting your day off with a soak in the hot tub. You will be reenergized and well prepared to face what your day holds in store.
Mental health is something you can focus on; develop your own daily routine for winding down, and start as soon as possible. For many a hot tub can calm the mind, elevate moods and help lead you to a good rest. If a morning or mid-day soak is not feasible, we do suggest using your hot tub 90 minutes before you plan to go to bed. As always it is important to speak with your healthcare provider(s) about your current state and ideas for hydrotherapy.
A few of our favorite things to incorporate and help you maintain a healthy mentality:
- Spend five minutes before you get out of bed for your own quiet time.
- Write down the three most important personal and professional goals you have for the day.
- Limit time with your computer, tablet or mobile device. Set 10 minute breaks and walk away or open a motivational book.
- Set timers or use your clock and designate walking and stretching breaks throughout your day.
- Focus on one thing at a time- easier said than done, right? Try it.
- If you have not soaked in a hot tub yet, try to plan your soak time 90 minutes before your bedtime.
- Limit television screen time as well as looking at tablets or mobile devices the last hour prior to bed.
- Read positive quotes, inspirational articles, books pertaining to your business
- Spritz lavender on your pillowcase or have a fragrance near the bed.