One of the best things about hot tubs is the way they can be enjoyed in literally any season. Summer is an obvious time to relax in a hot tub after your pool party, but winter can be just as great for making use of your hot tub. There’s nothing like a warm soak to chill your bones in the winter months.
- Dress appropriately. When the temperature is frigid out, you’ll need to prepare for your hot tub soak a little differently. Be sure to have a place to set flip-flops and sandals right by the hot tub, as you and your friends will want to wear them right up until getting in the spa. You may also want to wear a hat to keep your hair dry and keep your head warm.
- Prepare for the elements. Hot tubs can be enjoyed even when it’s raining or snowing. If your hot tub isn’t covered, consider investing in a large outdoor umbrella to keep the hot tub covered. Then you and your guests can enjoy yourselves no matter the weather. You may also want to put your towels in the dryer just before getting in the hot tub, so everyone can cozy up as soon as they get out.
- Enjoy the health benefits. Wintertime can be rough on the immune system, but luckily hot tubs are known to improve the immune system and help fight sickness. Hot tubs are also excellent for decreasing muscle pain, anxiety, blood pressure, and more.
- Get creative with your hot tubbing. While it’s always nice to sit around and chat with friends, consider getting a little more creative with your next hot tub dip. Try putting up a movie projector for the ultimate viewing party from the hot tub, or play cards from the side of the tub.
- Keep your hot tub covered. The colder the weather, the faster your hot tub cools down. Since it takes money to heat your spa, be sure to invest in a hot tub cover in the winter. The water will stay at a higher temperature and it will take less time and money to reheat.
Have more questions about how to get the most out of your hot tub this winter? Contact Bullfrog Aquatics to get all your questions answered.