5 Ways To Enjoy Your Hot Tub This Summer
The summer months are here, bringing outdoor adventures, BBQ’s and cold ice cream, picnics, and hot temperatures. Although for some, the hot temperatures might be a dreaded time, especially around a hot tub, there’s a lot you can still do to make this time fun and enjoyable while still using your hot tub.
Here are 5 ideas for ways you can make the most out of your hot tub this summer.
1. Movie Night Madness
The only thing better than catching a flick with friends at your local movie theater is hosting a movie night from the warmth and comfort of your own hot tub! Send fun invitations to your friends, reminding them to bring their swimsuits and rent (or buy) a inflatable movie screen or projector. Serve up buttery popcorn, soda, and candy and choose a film that’s fitting for a hot tub party. Below are seven movies with the best hot tub scenes in history:
- Hot Tub Time Machine
- Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
- Dumb and Dumber
- Boogie Nights
- Austin Powers
- Charlie Wilson’s War
2. Romantic Date Night
Having a hot tub date night with your significant other is a great way to get away from the distractions of summer and relax together. Consider these fun ideas to make the most of your date night.
- Make a silly, romantic, or playful invitations reserving time for you and your loved one to enjoy together.
- Prepare light snacks like fruit kabobs or a charcuterie platter.
- Make fun, refreshing drinks that you both enjoy. Mint refreshers, pomegranate champagne, and red wine sangria are all great options.
- Exchange massages using essential oils.
- Make a Pandora or Spotify playlist with some of your favorite music that will set the tone your dream date night.
3. Cool Off In A Cool Tub
Contrary to popular belief, your hot tub is a great place to cool off during a heat wave. Reduce the temperature of your hot tub to 85-degrees or less or completely turn your water heater off. By taking the cover off and letting the air jets run, you can quickly drop the temperature of your water. Not only will this give you an oasis to cool off during the summer heat, but you’ll also save money on your energy bill by not running the water heater.
4. Install A Fun Water Feature
Add a fun water feature like a fountain or waterfall that gives your hot tub a cool element. You can even set up a sprinkler next to your hot tub to give you a refreshing spritz of cold water during extra hot days or evenings. Check out these fun water feature ideas you can implement into your hot tub.
5. Have A Game Night
Host a fun game night in your hot tub with friends or family. This is a great way to socialize during summer evenings while also getting the most out of your hot tub. Here are four fun game ideas.
- Buy waterproof board games or playing cards and hold a tournament.
- The Name Game: going clockwise around your hot tub, have one person start by saying the name of a famous person (i.e. George Washington). The next person has to say the name of a celebrity beginning with the first letter of the last name; in this case W (i.e. Willie Nelson). Continue clockwise.
- Race two or more floating boats or ducks by blowing them from one end to the next.
- Star Gazing: put a point system on shooting stars and satellites – the person with the most points wins a cool prize.